A big welcome to all our new members and welcome back to all those who have been with us before for another season of fun and enjoyment! We hope that everyone has had a superb summer and is raring to go for what will be a very exciting season!!
Our Youth Section is a very important part of North Down and has grown significantly over the past few seasons. With many new coaches receiving their qualifications each year, the club invests a lot of resources in the future of our youth.
Please register online using the following links (by 30th September 2022)
U11 Boys: https://group.spond.com/LIYHA
U11 Girls: https://group.spond.com/PTPJW
U13 Boys: https://group.spond.com/NKVIA
U13 Girls: https://group.spond.com/NNGXB
U15 Boys: https://group.spond.com/FHEKK
U15 Girls: https://group.spond.com/TNDNO
Our Youth Coaching commences on Monday 5th September as follows (location listed in brackets):
Mondays (from 5th September)
Under 13 Girls – 6:00 – 7:15pm (Regent House School)
Sundays (from 11th September)
P1 – P4 Boys and Girls 1:00pm – 2:00pm (Comber Leisure Centre)
P5 – P7 Boys U11 1:45pm – 3:00pm (Comber Leisure Centre)
P5 – P7 Girls U11 2.00pm – 3:00pm (Comber Leisure Centre)
Under 13 and Under 15 Boys 3:00pm – 4:15pm (Comber Leisure Centre)
Under 15 Girls 12:45 – 2:00pm (Regent House School) please note this new time!!
I am delighted to mention that we are keeping our fees the same for the coming season!
Primary School (Minis) – Under 11 on 1 Jan 23 £90
1st Form to 15 year olds – (Under 15 on 1 Oct 22) £100
A sibling reduction of £10 will be applied for second and subsequent children, e.g., the eldest child pays the full amount and other children in the family pay £10 less than their specified sub.
We would ask that all children are registered and subs are paid as soon as possible as all youth members are required to be registered with both Ulster Hockey and Hockey Ireland and we ourselves require contact details for tournaments etc.
If paying directly into the Club bank account the relevant details are: Sort Code 98-04-45 and Account number 64788082. Please ensure that your payment can be identified to you.
Hockey Ireland Membership
Hockey Ireland have introduced a new membership system that requires ALL players to register via the link below (via Ulster Hockey), at a cost of £9 for this season. Unfortunately, this is out of our hands as a hockey club, having been passed by Hockey Ireland’s wider membership during their AGM.
The package provides personal insurance as well as a discounted rate for attending H.I. courses or camps. Further information can be found here: Membership – Hockey Ireland.
Link to registration: Ulster Hockey Leagues – GameDay Registration (mygameday.app)
North Down Hockey Club aims to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for every child or young person.
To help us do this, please note the following important information:
- All questions on the relevant registration link MUST be completed by the parent or carer before any child takes part, and we must be notified of any changes to the information given via the app.
- Parents and carers must make arrangements for children to be brought to and from the activity safely and on time. If a parent or carer is not able to collect their child, they need to inform us in advance as to who will be doing so. All children must be collected from the pitch side and will not be allowed to leave unaccompanied.
- We cannot take responsibility for any damaged clothing and/or personal items during the activity.
- Parents and carers should ensure children have sufficient equipment (mouth guard & shin pads), water, food, clothing, sun lotion and medication (where appropriate) for the duration of the activity.
If you have any concerns that a session may be cancelled due to rain or frost, please consult the North Down Youth Facebook page or the club website. We will endeavour to have cancellations posted by noon!
Chris McSherry (Director of Hockey)
Phone: 07878 923249
Alan McMaster (Child Protection Officer)
Clare Smith (Youth Development Representative)
Phone: 07742 573655
We have a closed Facebook Group ‘North Down Youth Hockey’ (please send request to join), which is updated regularly with club events, training information and cancellations etc.
Club website: www.northdownhc.com
Code of Ethics & Standards
North Down Hockey Club is fully committed to ensuring the safety of your child by having an Extensive Safeguarding Policy which includes:
- A leaders Code of Conduct
- Clear Recruitment Policy which includes vetting all coaches and volunteers
- A Transport Policy
- A Photography Policy
- An Anti-Bulling Policy
- Disciplinary Procedures
- Guidelines on Confidentially