Andy Coates is the Mens’ Junior Ulster team manager and has sent us the info below on the Mens’ Junior Inter Pro Tournament in May. The first day of trials will be this Sunday at Lisnagarvey.
I’ve included below his complete email message but to simplify things it looks as if everyone of our mens members is eligible. If you are interested in going to the first trials day this Sunday let me know by email to email@example.com so that I can co-ordinate the expressions of interest.
I am writing as manager of the Ulster Juniors for 2020.
This year we will be holding trials on 15th March at 11am-1pm at Lisnagarvey Hockey Club.
I have attached the rules of the tournament that show the criteria, which is more lenient than last year, however I have noted them below for convenience;
5.3. Irish Junior Inter-provincials (Men and Women)
- Former or current Senior International players are not eligible to play in the Junior Interprovincial
- Former or current U21 or U23 International players are not eligible to play in the Junior
Inter-provincial tournament within 5 years of being eligible for the relevant panel
o E.g. A player born 1996 who has played with Ireland Under 23s in 2018 or 2019, is not
eligible to play Junior Inter-Provincials until 2024
Hockey Ireland Tournament Rules & Regulations Page 6 of 18
o A player born 1996 who has played with Ireland Under 21s in 2017 or earlier, is not
eligible to player Junior Inter-Provincials until 2022
- Players under 18 years of age or over 18 and still attending school in the season of the
competition are NOT eligible to play in the Junior Interprovincial tournament
- Player eligibility is based on the level at which they are registered for and playing regularly
in their domestic league competition in the current season
- Players who have played (or are listed on the registered match card) for more than 3 IHL
Division 1 matches in the current season are not eligible
- Players who are eligible may play for any Province where they meet the following
o Play for a Club which is affiliated to the Province OR
o Be resident in the Province OR
o Have been born/raised in the Province OR
o Have a parent born/raised in the Province
5.4. No player may play in two Outdoor Interprovincial competitions within the one season, except
in the following situation:
- A maximum of 5 U18 Munster, Connacht players may ‘double up’ to U21 level
- A maximum of 5 U21 Munster and Connacht player may ‘double up’ between Senior and
Junior Interprovincial tournament
- Players playing their Club hockey in Connacht may ‘double up’ between Senior and Junior
The tournament itself will be on 16th and 17th May in Connacht, and we will be travelling down on 15th May, staying overnight 15th and 16th and back up on the Sunday evening.
I would be extremely grateful if you could share the attached with your club and complete the attached spreadsheet with anyone who will be attending next weeks trials. If anyone is unavailable for next week we can invite them the week after instead.